Porcelain Tile West Palm Beach | Precautions When Using Polished Porcelain Tiles for Your Bathroom
Porcelain tile is a popular choice for bathroom floors. It is a denser, less porous and harder tile option that offers excellent water and stain resistance than its ceramic tile counterpart. Porcelain tile West Palm Beach offers unmatched design versatility. Tiles are a great choice for walls and flooring as they can mimic natural stone varieties such as limestone and granite.
Why You Should Be Careful When Choosing Tiles for Bathroom Flooring
Bathrooms are always exposed to water and slippery tiles can often lead to dangerous slip and fall accidents. It would be suitable to use polished porcelain tiles for your bathroom walls and non-polished porcelain tiles for your bathroom floors to prevent accidents from happening.
Cleaning Maintenance for Polished/Glazed Porcelain Tile
The grinding process of polished porcelain tiles can create microscopic pores on the surface of the tile. These tiny pores make the tile to hold on to the grout and to collect surface dirt. Even though the microscopic holes only affect the surface of the tile, they can still appear to get dirtier and they require more maintenance to stay clean. Seal polished porcelain tiles the same way you would with marble prior to grouting to help keep them clean.
Here are some cleaning tips for polished porcelain tile to keep their shine and surface clean:
- Use a broom and vacuum cleaner to free the area from debris and dirt and then follow it up with a dry dust mop.
- Rinse mop with hot water and use it to loosen any dirt buildup.
- For heavier dirt, use a soft nylon-bristle or an old toothbrush.
- For stain removal, use a commercial cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar.
- Before the cleanser, the dries up, mop the area again with hot water.
- Dry the area with a microfiber cloth or a clean towel.
- Polish the clean porcelain tile after it dries up using a piece of cheesecloth.
Need Help Choosing The Right Porcelain Tile West Palm Beach?
Polished and unpolished porcelain tile West Palm Beach offers a durable option for your walls and flooring needs. If you need help making the final decision for your tiling needs, our D&B Tile consultants would be more than happy to be of help. Contact us today or visit our showroom for more information.