Picking the Right Tile for Your Kitchen Backsplash
Did you know – the kitchen is by far the most expensive room in a house to remodel? There’s a simple reason for that – the kitchen sells the house. So, what if you want to upgrade your kitchen tile backsplash in Palm Beach for a low price, is it even possible?
As it turns out, there’s a very reasonable, cost-effective way to improve the look, feel, and value of your kitchen! Changing the backsplash of your kitchen costs much less than redoing the floors, countertops, or buying new appliances. D&B Tile Distributors is here to give you a few tips that will help you pick the right backsplash and improve your kitchen design.
Picking the Right Type of Tile
The kitchen tile backsplash you choose in Palm Beach will largely depend on your lifestyle. Some materials have a higher aesthetic appeal than others and more design options to have fun with. However, if you’re expecting to become a master entertainer and predict heavy use of your kitchen, perhaps designing for durability is your best choice.
Ceramic and Porcelain
This type of tile is the most popular for good reason! It offers a wonderful combination of durability and beauty. Porcelain tiles are hearty and water-resistant, making them excellent for your kitchen.
- Almost no water absorption
- Fits most modern kitchen designs
- Easy to clean
- More limited designs than other tile options
- Density makes it a little harder to install
- Harder to repair
Glass tile is a staple in kitchens because it appeals to those who love color! Their translucent quality gives the tile a beautiful shine that homeowners love.
- Unique appearance
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- More fragile than other types of tile
- Can easily scratch
- Because it is translucent, you would need professional installation to make sure the adhesive does not show
The rustic look is making a comeback and natural stone is all the rage. This style of tile is especially popular in Palm Beach kitchen style backsplash. Its durability and unique style simply can’t be replicated with other tile variations.
- Retains values over the years
- Unique rustic looks that many love
- More expensive than other options
- Require a lot of maintenance
- Can easily scratch or chip
If you’re going for a modern feel or trying to leap forward into the future, you might be considering metal for your kitchen tile backsplash in Palm Beach. Metal has become increasingly popular in recent years, especially in new construction.
- Metal is almost always more affordable than other tile options
- Resistant to scratches and breaks
- Limited design options
- Niche look that might affect resale
- Can be damaged by acidic foods and certain cleaning products
Looking for Help with your Kitchen Tile Backsplash in Palm Beach?
D&B Tile Distributors has a universe of options! Some of the leading experts in flooring are excited to help you make the right choice for your kitchen. Whether your heart is set on a certain tile or you wish to learn more, we got you covered. Give us a call today!