Peaceful Living with Whisper Mat
Skyline views, trendy neighborhoods, and no outdoor maintenance are all large draws for the condo market – but one thing’s for sure, nobody enjoys a noisy neighbor. As competition for condo buyers grows, it’s more important than ever to offer features that set yours apart. One of those ways is to install Whisper Mat, a peel-and-stick membrane that not only reduces noise but also isolates your finished flooring from subfloor cracks. Plus excellent moisture resistant properties make this the most comprehensive underlayment product for ceramic and natural stone available.
Check Out All The Features & Benefits
- – Sound Reduction Ratings:
- – 8″ Concrete Floor w/ gypsum board ceiling assembly: IIC 72 STC 72
- – 6″ Concrete Floor: IIC 50 STC 55
- – 18″ Open Web Truss IIC 55 STC 63
- – Sound Transmission Reduction: Delta IIC 22
- – Moisture Resistant
- – Anti-Fracture Resistant to 3/8″
- – Thermal Insulation
- – Light Commercial Load Rating
- – Approved over Radiant Heated Subfloors
- – Uniquely Thin System (110 mil)
- – Economical
Installation is a breeze in just four easy steps:
- 1. Apply Primer – Always apply the Protecto Wrap No. 6000 Primer to the subfloor and allow to dry (approximately 30 minutes)
- 2. Cut to Correct Length – Cut the length approximately 12″ longer than the distance to be covered. Trim membrane to fit tightly against walls and cutouts within 1/4″.
- 3. Remove & Press in Place – Fold back half and score through the release liner. Pull release liner away and press in place.
- 4. Apply Latex-Modified Thinset & Install Tile
To learn more about Protecto Wrap’s Whisper Mat, visit any one of the nine South Florida D&B Tile showrooms. One of our tile experts with help you with your project from beginning to end and beyond. Whether it’s installation questions, tile selection, or tile care we are here to help whenever you need us.