Kitchen Design Palm Beach | Basics of Choosing the Right Kitchen Countertops
When making a selection for countertops for a kitchen remodel, it would be quite tempting to choose countertops based on looks alone. Though this could be true to some buyers and homeowners, you should also take into consideration the material’s durability, cost, and maintenance required. If homeowners have fully decided on a certain look for their countertop choice when improving their kitchen design Palm Beach but the material just doesn’t match with their lifestyle, there’s a certain chance that there’s another material that does.
Different Kitchen Countertop Choices
- Granite Countertops – The top choice in countertops and its costs depend on many factors such as the origin of the stone, color, and finish.
- Concrete Countertops – These are gaining popularity and they can be completely customized with pigments. Concrete countertops are available in several finishes such as ground (sanded to expose the sand aggregate), trowel (smooth), and pressed (reveals marble-like veining). The extreme temperature may cause concrete to warp or curl, acidic spills may etch the surface, and damp sponges left on the counter can cause discoloration.
- Solid Surface Countertops – They are seamless, stain-resistant, and scratches can be easily buffed out. One thing to keep in mind though: hot pans can damage solid surface countertops.
- Wood Countertops – Easy to clean and maintain and any scratches can be sanded out. The surface of wood countertops must be oiled frequently to seal the surface.
- Laminate Countertops – The most affordable countertop material. Laminate countertops can scorch if a hot pan touches the surface. This type of countertop material has a reputation for scratching easily.
- Crossville Porcelain Countertops – Are versatile 12mm thick porcelain products designed to provide style and endurance for all types of countertop installation including both for exterior and interior applications. This requires low maintenance, are durable, and stain-resistant.
Why Crossville Porcelain Countertops Are a Good Contender Among Others
Porcelain countertops are extremely becoming popular and a strong contender in the industry of luxury countertops. Porcelain is a durable material meant for high-traffic areas and high-performance environments. They also require low maintenance and are versatile.
Ready to Work on Your Kitchen Design Palm Beach?
If you are looking forward to improving the look of your kitchen, contact D&B Tile so our associates can assess you in creating your dream kitchen design Palm Beach a reality for you. You can also visit our showroom for our newest collection of Crossville Porcelain Countertops.